- Training will be conducted at Singapore Turf Club, Kranji Racecourse.
- Working hours is from 6am to 4pm (10am to 2pm break time).
- Trainee will receive training allowance of S$1,600, subject to completion of full training.
- Trainee will not be covered under insurance during training. All medical expenses will be borne by the trainee. Trainees must always observe safety and precaution during training in the stables.
- Trainee is required to serve as a Stable Hand with a local Trainer at Singapore Turf Club for at least 6 months prior to joining the program.
- Applicants are required to undergo a 3 months selection process where they will be assessed on their fitness, endurance and horse handling skills.
- If selected into the program, the employing Trainer is required to release the trainee from his/her employment.
- The Farrier Training Program is a 30 months course (practical and theoretical) with assessments conducted by the Master Farrier at every semester.
- Trainees will receive training allowances throughout the training period with periodic increments, upon assessment by the Master Farrier after each semester.
- Trainees are required to pass the semestral assessments, failing which they will not be able to progress to the next semester and will be discontinued from the program.
- Trainees will need to produce a medical certificate if unable to attend lessons and the medical cost shall be borne by the trainee.
Note: Commencement for next intake into the Farrier Training program will only begin upon completion of the current intake. Please check with Ms Maisarah, Racing Development Department (6879-1905) for details.
- Trainee is required to complete 24 weeks (or 6 months) of track riding lesson for 4 times per week (Tue – Fri) from 10am to 12pm.
- Sponsoring Trainer should not schedule Trainee off-day on Tue – Fri during the 24 weeks.
- Upon successful completion of the training, Trainee will receive a track riding certification by STAR and Sponsoring Trainer will have to submit MRA Track Rider application form for Trainee.
- Trainee will be issued with a MRA Track Rider licence and a set of riding gears valued at S$800 upon assessment by the Stipendiary Stewards.
- Trainee is required to fulfil syce duty from 6am – 10am and 2pm – 4pm at his/her respective Stables and the Sponsoring Trainer is required to pay the Trainee’s full monthly salary during the 24 weeks.
- Sponsoring Trainer is required to release Trainee to attend all training sessions unless the Trainee is certified medically unfit to train. Failing which, the Trainer is liable to pay the training fee of $150 for the session.
- Trainee is liable to pay the training fee of $150 per session for invalid absenteeism.
Note: Commencement of Track Rider Training program is subject to availability of horses at STCRC and new intake will only begin upon completion of the current intake. Please check with Ms Maisarah, Racing Development Department (6879-1905) for details.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
I consent to the collection, use and disclosure of my personal data herein by the Singapore Turf Club for the following purposes:
- processing of this application, including to accurately establish and verify my identity to a high degree of fidelity;
- management and regulation of the integrity of horseracing;
- compliance with the rules and regulations of the Malayan Racing Association; and
- any reasonable purposes related to the aforesaid.